Welcome to my site! Before I can take any credit for originality, I have to say that the lovely Goddess Hathor beat me to it here. I'm using this blog as a way to document, blog, my journey for the next year or two. Really as long as the Circle Tour, and my bank account lasts. While Hath's site is bravely documenting the tour in it's entirety, this will mainly be the shows that I'm lucky enough to go to. Reviews, some pictures, a video or two and of course all the drama that comes with traveling throughout the country following Jon and the boys. Happy reading and more importantly, happy touring!

Thursday, January 21, 2010

So Who Exactly Am I?

My basics are on the side bar, but I always think when I read a blog I want to know who that person is. I think that who we are definitely affects how we write and what we write. Not just, "I'm writng a blog about the new Bon Jovi tour." But why I think it's just as much fun to heavily document the road trip too. And maybe why I have a love for the crew. And why all that will show up here and not just, "Ohmigod, awesome show...Jon looked smokin'...here's the set list...thanks (insert city here)!" Some things irk me like you can't imagine, which I'm sure you'll see. And sometimes stuff that you think would bug me I'm quite indifferent to. So this is a little (or not so little, I tend to ramble) blurb about me. I'll tell the story of how I came to Bon Jovi in another post, and more about my Circle Tour. I'll see if I can keep this one focused.

My name is Rachel, I'm 22 and I'm from Jersey. I LOVE Bon Jovi, I'm a nanny and a student. That's the recap. Here's the real story. I'm still 22 and I'm still from Jersey. But I believe that Jersey is he best stte, and I ooze with Jersey pride.When I saw Jon at the NJ HOF it was the happiest two, maybe three hours of my life. Pure Jersey pride with no nasty comments or connotations. And all Jersey jokes were made by Jersians. When Jon Bon said, "what exit?" and referred to Benny's it made me all kinda of happy. And when people said "Nork" instead of "New-ark" I would be so happy I would giggle. And my two friends I went with thought I was insane. And maybe I am a little for my state. I live by the idea of "Jersey born, Jersey bread, Jersey 'til the day I'm dead." Why is this so important and why did I just make you read a page out of the "Jersey Pride Book?" Because that's who I am. Jersey is a mentality, so when you throw us into another part of the country, we're pretty much lost and we stick out like a sore thumb. I've done it enough times to know. So cities listed at the right, you are officially warned.

I'm still a nanny and a student. One I love to death and the other is getting damn near repulsive. THose are listed respectfully of course. I love my job so much, I tell everyone that it's the best job I'll ever have and I don't want it to end (my boss with agree with the latter). I've known the family that I'm with for almost four years not and they truly are like family. The kids are 12 year old twins, a boy and a girl, and I consider them a crazy cross between my own kids and my little siblings. And it works fantastically. (Don't think I gave up my Bon Jovi instincts and I haven't thought about how perfectly she would be with Jon's oldest or how he's a month older than Ava. They just don't know it yet.) My boss is fantastic and she has yet to tell me no when I ask for a day off, she just asks where Jon is :-)

School. Eww. I think that sums it up. This is my fifth year, and before you sigh because it's taking me an eternity, I cam explain. I'm an elementary education and math comajor, with a concentration in early childhood education. Two majors and a concentration, I think it justifies the extra year and a half...if it doesn't kill me first. But barring any problems (cross your fingers AND knock on wood) I'll be graduating THIS December after I student teach. *Phew* It's really, really sad when "History of Math" is the most exciting and the easiest class that you're taking. At this point I hate math, a lot. And I'm BEYOND done with school. Needless to say it's just an added bonus that the tour falls during the school year and I happen to miss a class or two.

Work, school, home. Hmm. Well I'm 22 and a full time student, so I still live at home. (That seems like a really stupid sentence when you read it but you know what I mean.) I'm an animal person; a huge animal person. If you knew half of what I put up with you'd understand. Between my and my mom there's 5, yes FIVE, cats and two pups. My little Chihuahua is Joey because no one let me call him Jovi. But when we're alone he's my little Jovi and when he gets in trouble he's Joey Keys, so I'm happy enough. And he proudly wears the Bone Jovi hoodie and tee shirt and the leash too.
No his eyes aren't a creepy green like that they're brown, it's the camera angle.He just loves showing off his hoodie :-) Me and the mini zoo live with my mom and brother, *insert eye roll right HERE.* My parents are divorced, technically divorcing, but does that really matter? I figure, this is life shit happens. Let's pull up our big girl pants and try to move on with life and not self destruct. Too bad the rest of my house didn't adopt that mentality. Bummer. Mom is a Jovi fan, a much more causal one than me of course, but a fan all the same. She's coming out to a few shows so she's bound to make an appearance. Brother is 15 and 10 times more delightful than your typical 15 year old. Awesome. I'll say my favorite days with him are the ones where we don't speak. Another added bonus of 11 shows, getting away from home.

What else is important? Hmm, let's see. I love sports, I'm watching the Aussie Open as I type. And at least onece a year the make me cry and I will freely admit that. I love chick flicks and I'm a sucker for crappy reality TV. I watch ABC daytime like it's my job. Starting with the View, OLTL, GH, and I end the day with Oprah. I kinda feel like Chandra Wilson at the end of the day. I love musicals including Glee, but I love Broadway too. I already saw Toxie, probably too many times, and I got tickets to Memphis for Christmas (thanks Mom) and loved it. I'm going through a pretty serious Country music thing on the side. Keith Urban is my favorite of the bunch but Taylor Swift and Sugarland are way up there. I LOVE the version of "Who Says" that Keith did with the band. Chris Daughtry and (and band) are my other love. If I didn't fall in love with him during Idol, I fell in love with him all over again over the first to US legs of the LH tour. I can't wait to see him again in March, two years is way too long.

I think those are the elaborated basics. More to come on just how Bon Jovi came to me. I'll give you a hint...Idol...

1 comment:

  1. I completely agree with you about knowing more about the blogger you're reading, It's nice to know more about you Rachel.
    I can also understand being sick of studying, I teach 1st grade in the UK and the theoretical stuff bored me to tears when I was training. Hopefully you'll find it gets a lot better once you're in class and with the kids every day.

    I look forward to reading about your journey around the Circle.

    Vicki

    ReplyDelete