Welcome to my site! Before I can take any credit for originality, I have to say that the lovely Goddess Hathor beat me to it here. I'm using this blog as a way to document, blog, my journey for the next year or two. Really as long as the Circle Tour, and my bank account lasts. While Hath's site is bravely documenting the tour in it's entirety, this will mainly be the shows that I'm lucky enough to go to. Reviews, some pictures, a video or two and of course all the drama that comes with traveling throughout the country following Jon and the boys. Happy reading and more importantly, happy touring!

Thursday, January 21, 2010

So The Band Is Older Than Me...

Yup, they're older. I was born AFTER Slipper. SO why the hell do I care about them? I wasn't lucky enough to be raised on it, gee thanks Mom. I had no friends in school that liked them. Even being from Jersey, I didn't really know him other than as a name, but if it makes you feel better I knew more of him than Springsteen. So how did it happen? American Idol. Yes, I admit that I found them on Idol. I watched the mentoring part and said "Hey he's pretty cute, and that other guy has great hair." Then I didn't know any of the sons, a couple sounded vaguely familiar but shamefully I didn't know them. The ones I knew from owning a radio (It's My Life, HAND and Who Says) they didn't do. They preformed on result night and I liked the song.So I was curious, if nothing else. I found a bunch of songs and burned them to a disc (that I still have) and started to learn the basics. Bon Jovi 101, if you will. Time passed and my collection grew and seeon enough it was November.

November 6th, 200y, two days before my birthday, the day that started it all. My Mom said she had an early birthday present for me, so of course I took it. Tickets to the next night's show at Prudential. I have to admit I was almost equally excited that Daughtry was opening since I fell in love with Chris since day one of Idol the year before. So the next night came, and the show was amazing and I was hooked. There were MANY more stops, seven to be exact, on the Lost Highway. Too many to tell you about now, that's a story for another night.

As for the band, I'm a Jon girl. I would watch him paint an empty room (been there done that...thanks Moonlight and Valentino, and he still was perfect.) I can be swayed for an occasional trip to the dark side. Certain years are easier than others, TLFR DVD anyone?? I've met Dave once and I of course have a special place in my heart for Tico. But then again don't we all? But I'm a Jon girl through and through. While I'm telling you just who I have a thing for, I believe in full disclosure. I have a thing for his family too (and NO not just because they're related to him!) I love his brother, Tony to be exact, and I've had a thing for his cousin Jesse, since long before I knew they were related. I am making it my undeniable mission this tour to meet one or both of them. Wish me luck.

I think that's the 4-1-1 on my Jovi-ness. I'm sure as I think of more relevent things they'll pop up!

No comments:

Post a Comment