Eight stops, one crazy year. The Lost Highway tour was my firt tour and I think I made a respectable start. It started in Prudential like I already said and we had such a great time that I talked Mom into going up to Mohegan Sun because it was so close. It was actually a debate between Philly and Mohegan but I didn't want to miss classed (hahahaha) so we went with Mohegan. We saw the Saturday night show and it was fantastic. Jon looked a little off all night and Mom was quite concerned for his health. That's all I heard for a week. So Thursday night rolls around and after a day of midterms and job interview/orientation for the next night I tumble into the house and Mom looks at me with a smile and says, "Do you wanna go to Pittsburgh?" Umm seriously, does that need an answer? I thought I was hallucinating, the show was in two days. So we booked a flight for EARLY Saturday morning and a car and concert tickets. After getting home from work Saturday morning close to 3am, we left for the airport at 7. Wow. The show was umm, interesting to say the least. Band was awesome and I saw some rarities, do I even need to say that? I should clarify that it was St. Patty's Day weekend and the crowd was quite intoxicated and rowdy to say the least. When we flew home the next morning I had had less than 10 hours of sleep in two days (and my best friend needed surgery halfway through Daughtry's set) but I was still on a Jovi high, although slightly incoherent.
As soon as we landed (technically somewhere over Pennsylvania still) I started to nag for the next show but my mom insisted she wasn't having any of it. I won. It was Atlanta. Two days after we came home it was booked and I was a very, very happy girl. I should explain that my aunt lives outside of Atlanta. The trip was of course a three day trip to see her and the band just happened to be in town. :-D But it worked and I saw Daughtry's last show and the last show of the leg. Again, amazing, Chris's wig and all. I was this-close to the side stage, and the aggressive Jersian in me pushed my way up a little so I was literally right there. AMAZING night! I guess I should also admit I missed three days of classes and four final reviews, this coming from the person who only missed the Dean's List once in her entire college career. Oops. I still crammed like a crazy person on the plane home and kept the streak alive.
The next show was Boston because it's "close" if 4+hours is close to you. No not the night of Richie's birthday :-( but I still saw Jon strip for a Celtics jersey. And I think that's the night I lost a bunch of brain cells. The last three shows were basisically a gimme being from Jersey. The free show in Central Park and the last two shows of the tour at the Garden. CP was an event in itself. Awesome day surrounded by other fans, even though it felt like a million degrees. And even though we camped out ALL day you didn't really notice the shorter set. The last two at the Garden were amazing, but isn't that what we expected? The DVD doesn't do it much justice, it was better. Dry County, Hallelujah, Livin' in Sin and all the classics in two nights...perfect way to end the tour. Their tour, my tour, my first tour. One I will always remember.
Sunday, February 7, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment